FSA Reimbursement Time Guidelines? HELP

Guest aholles

Guest aholles

Need to know! Is there a time frame that an employer has legally to adhere to when reimbursing your FSA monies? I was told I would have a check in two weeks. I submitted all receipts last week of December and as of the date of this post still have not received the $600 from my account. I have also willfully left my employment with the company the middle of February, but have maintained contact. I keep getting "oh the check is in the mail for the amount of $600, or the check was misplaced, and so on and so on. Are there penalties or fines the employer or managing agent of the FSA account can face by not expediting this return of my money in a certain amount of time? I'm very frustrated. Too, I now live out of the US and feel that I am just getting the run around. Thanks for your time. Not sure what my next step should be here but this just doesn't seem right.

Need to know! Is there a time frame that an employer has legally to adhere to when reimbursing your FSA monies? I was told I would have a check in two weeks. I submitted all receipts last week of December and as of the date of this post still have not received the $600 from my account. I have also willfully left my employment with the company the middle of February, but have maintained contact. I keep getting "oh the check is in the mail for the amount of $600, or the check was misplaced, and so on and so on. Are there penalties or fines the employer or managing agent of the FSA account can face by not expediting this return of my money in a certain amount of time? I'm very frustrated. Too, I now live out of the US and feel that I am just getting the run around. Thanks for your time. Not sure what my next step should be here but this just doesn't seem right.

I would contact the regional office of the Employee Benefits Security Administration of the U.S. Dept of Labor. That would be for the region where the plan is administered. I would send a letter, and send a copy to the employer's benefits office you've been dealing with. This usually gets the attention of the benefits office, and the check you are due will likely be sent pronto.

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

Guest aholles

I would contact the regional office of the Employee Benefits Security Administration of the U.S. Dept of Labor. That would be for the region where the plan is administered. I would send a letter, and send a copy to the employer's benefits office you've been dealing with. This usually gets the attention of the benefits office, and the check you are due will likely be sent pronto.

John Thank you SO much! I am doing that right now. I needed some direction and so appreciate your information as to where exactly to start and with whom!