Forms 5500, 945 and 1099-R Software Package

A client that is forming a TPA business is interested in learning what software package for preparing Forms 5500, Forms 945 and Forms 1099-R might be best (usability and price). Plan documents are not needed, just the preparation of these forms as listed.

The client only knows, at this point, of Datair's package for doing so, but isn't sure how it would even work because Datair plan documents will not be used.

An suggestions that I might be able to pass along?

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

I am plan sponsor. I love Relius for 5500 filings. Have used it for over 10 years. Can't chime in on record keeping system. DC is outsourced and Watson Wyatt built our DB database.

JanetM CPA, MBA

I have been using SunGard's Relius system since 1994 and I think it is very good and well worth the price. I use it for administration and 5500 etc. Both systems work very well by themselves and they are getting the information to flow between the systems better every year.

Also, I was really impressed with all they did so quick to help with the new reporting required by PPA 06.

• 2 years later...