Start-Up Consulting Firm Questions

Guest auditor415

Guest auditor415

After having worked for both small (read: ground floor start-up) and arguably the two most successful multinational consulting firms, I'm more than conceptually ready to best all of them in the area of health & welfare benefit plan auditing. That said, it's my belief that a small firm that includes a generalist health & welfare consultant (actuary or not) would be viewed as more well-rounded, and I'm currently considering the thought aligning myself with a partner who has several years of (demonstrably) successful experience.

Where would one go to find a forum to expose themselves to others having significant consulting experience and might be interested in taking on the world?

Thanks very much in advance!

I can think of two ways. First is to find a local association (health underwriters, ebc, etc.) with the members who have the traits you are looking for in a partner. You can attend meetings and get to know them, and use networking skills.

As for boards like this, it might help if you gave more detailed information, such as what city/area you live in. There may be someone on this board that would be interested, but has no idea where you are.

Good luck with your new endeavor.

[to those who read the first unedited response, my apologies for pressing the "reply" button before I had written anything. then, again, for those who read this response, I may have to apologize again....]

There are two good places to meet health actuaries:

1. The Conference of Consulting Actuaries annual meeting this fall in San Antonio, and

2. One of the many Society of Actuaries' Health Sections meetings during the year.

You can find their meeting information at the respective websites

http://www.ccactuaries.org/

for the Conference, and

http://www.soa.org/

for the Society.