Sign in to follow this  
Belgarath

No humor, just BoSox playoff post

If you aren't a baseball fan, read no further!

Hopefully this post will be active until the end of the month. Nice game by Beckett last night. And we'll hope for a Cleveland win in the series against the Yankees. Part of me wants the excitement of a Sox/Yankee matchup, but another part of me can't bear the agony if the Sox lose to the Yankees. We also have two employees in our unit with the unmitigated gall to be Yankee fans, so they will be insufferable if the Yankees were to defeat the Sox. So go Tribe!

I must admit, reluctantly, that the Rockies are probably the best team in the NL right now by far, and possibly all of MLB. But the Phightin Phils are not dead yet.

Ha! If I remember my sports trivia history, there was an Englishman - a boxer - Phil Scott, who was nicknamed "Phainting Phil, the Swooning Swan of Soho." Also "The Horizontal Champion."

So in spite of their amazing late season comeback (which was impressive, but also facilitated by Mets ineptitude) we'll still call them the Phainting Phils. I just don't see how they can win with that pitching staff, but stranger things have happened.

Guest LauraVanSteeter

I believe the Diamondbacks have the best record. . .

I was astonished at the amount of cheering for the BoSox at a game in the Anaheim home stadium. We are everywhere! Even now, my brethren have infiltrated strategic government posts in Washington, and our coup is well underway. Hereafter, all Yankee fans will be subject to tongue-lashing and being severely thrashed with wet noodles.

What is all the excitement? Baseball season ended about two weeks ago.

NO, that was just your favorite Red Sox minor league team's season; when your season tickets ran out.

post-3309-1192029075.gif

Guest Judy S

From a lifetime Tribe fan, here's hoping your wish to play the Indians comes back to haunt you!

Go Tribe!

Go Rockies!

One more game to go and then Just 4 of 7 .

After 20 of 21 should be a slam dunk

Because J.D. "Nancy" Drew is batting 6th while potentially our best player, Jacoby Ellsbury, sits on the bench, waiting to replace Manny for defensive purposes.

This town went crazy last night.

The brooms were out in force.

Too bad they didn't use them to sweep the streets too.

Sorry D Backs. It was our year.

Don't know who to root for in the east. I've been a Yankee fan as a child but then I grew up and have been a Sox fan because I've been an under dog too.

Good luck to both teams back there. We'll be ready.

JEVD Denver

Andy, I think every Red Sox fan in the country agrees with you.

And while I try not to make a practice of second guessing managers, I'd pitch Beckett tonight.

We need another miracle here! Rally caps on, y'all. It sure doesn't look good, but we'll hope for the best. If we can win tonight and get it back to Fenway, and make sure that Gagne NEVER throws a pitch, at least we have a small chance. The Indians have impressed me, however - you've got to give them credit.

Guest Judy S

Belgarath, thanks for the credit for our lowly paid, highly motivated, great to watch Tribe. As you can imagine, this town is hungry for a win tonight - another sleepless one is in store!

3-1 Tribe! I live in Akron (20 miles south of Cleveland). 'Nuff said.

What is is like for Indian fans knowing that batters 6 and 9 are automatic outs, and batters 7 and 8 are real close? And that the one guy who could change things (a real Indian, BTW-Navajo I believe) is on the bench?

deleted due to mis-understanding - I was wondering what he was referring too.

Thanks for putting my straight Belgarath. Now, can you do anything about the issues in the Middle East?

It's better than being a Yankee's fan. The Yankees spent even more money to see their team, lose in the first round to these same Indians. After all watching the Yankees lose is almost as fun as watching the Red Sox win.