Sign in to follow this  
Belgarath

No humor, just BoSox playoff post

I will give it to the Sox. Beckett was incredible and the high prices Sox hitters finally appeared. I'm still not sure why they held Lofton at third, but once the next hitter hit into the DP, I knew the Sox were going to blow it open, which they did.

I guess I just became a Rockies fan.

Rockies? Sox? Those are teams that did well LAST year.... - the season now being over

Chief Wahoo will rise again!

JEVD - back at you Go Rockies! This town is going to be crazy this weekend! What great season.

Did I understand correctly that there was snow there this weekend? Baseball is better played in the sultry tropical air of New England!

Did I understand correctly that there was snow there this weekend? Baseball is better played in the sultry tropical air of New England!

You've got to understand Denver Weather in the Fall.

Snow today 70 Tomorrow. Prediction for next weekend. Fair weather. Rockies in 4.

LOL Denver in the fall and spring. Gotta love the unpredictable patterns.

Go Rockies!

Rockies Tickets Sold out in 2 1/2 HRs. After Yesterday's fiasco.

Lot of Purple People think the scalpers got them.

Don't know what really happened but the stands will be full.

I just hope more Purple than Red.

We're Ready.

See you tomorrow night.

Hey Andy - I hear rumors that Ellsbury is starting in center tonight. Yay!

To all you Rockies fans - while I obviously hope the Bosox win, there isn't anything not to like about the Rockies, so I won't feel too bad if the Rockies win. However, even if the Sox weren't the better team (which of course they are) the simple law of averages has to catch up with the Rockies SOMETIME - and I think now would be just about the right time. :shades:

Our boss is fully expecting production to fall off about 40% in the next week, as the entire gang will be suffering from sleep deprivation. These darned late games...

Hey Andy - I hear rumors that Ellsbury is starting in center tonight. Yay!

To all you Rockies fans - while I obviously hope the Bosox win, there isn't anything not to like about the Rockies, so I won't feel too bad if the Rockies win. However, even if the Sox weren't the better team (which of course they are) the simple law of averages has to catch up with the Rockies SOMETIME - and I think now would be just about the right time. :shades:

Our boss is fully expecting production to fall off about 40% in the next week, as the entire gang will be suffering from sleep deprivation. These darned late games...

And for those not sleep deprivated by baseball, there is a matter of a football game Thursday night that some of us BC alum with "Flutie for Heisman" hats on our shelves cannot miss.

I'm not a BC alum, but was always a huge Flutie fan. I remember watching that Miami/BC "Hail Flutie" game when I was in college, with a bunch of friends/roommates from Chelmsford, Billerica, Leominster, and Newton (guess who they were rooting for, and yes, I'm old!) and I still rank it as the single most exciting college football game ever.

So a lot of work with that "recall" button on the remote for Thursday night, I guess!

We Rockies fans are believing the law of averages will catch up - but not until Monday.

Besides, I have my Purple Rockies shirt and matching shoes on for good luck.

How many of our line drives will be "elevated" to home runs up there?

Do double play grounders by grossly overpaid right fielders turn into hits out there?

Can really fast fill-in previously-benched center fielders take 3 bases on wild pitches up there instead of 2?

Do goofy left fielders who like to retreive balls and then spin and throw without looking get a couple of extra unexpected rotations? Think Manny-top.

I'm looking forward to climate issues.

How many of our line drives will be "elevated" to home runs up there?

Do double play grounders by grossly overpaid right fielders turn into hits out there?

Can really fast fill-in previously-benched center fielders take 3 bases on wild pitches up there instead of 2?

Do goofy left fielders who like to retreive balls and then spin and throw without looking get a couple of extra unexpected rotations? Think Manny-top.

I'm looking forward to climate issues.

Just tell them to bring the 0xygen bottles.

Since we're in the humor column, how about some suggestions about who should throw out the first ball in Colorado?

Sorry Tom, no snowballs available this weekend.

Denver channel 9 predicts 55 & 33 Saturday with wind, 65 & 36 on Sunday and 70 and 38 on Monday.

I don't know who is going to throw out the first ball (probably John Elway or Kevin Millar), but my money is on Jonathan Papelbon throwing the last one.

Good one Sully.

Janet, I know they are impressive, but I doubt the Red Sox will score 55 runs on Saturday. :D

Wait till the fourth inning when they're going for the Oxygen bottle. All is not lost. Just 2 games. Were just getting warmed up. Have no fear.

AndyH that would be the temps for the weekend from weather forecast, not the score. LOL

It will be a good weekend here in Denver - Go Rockies!

All is not lost. Just 2 games. Were just getting warmed up. Have no fear.

Former Cubs fan?

No. Crosseyed Optimist!!

I also Bet on the Mets to win a World Series within 5 years in 1967 and was around to collect the bet in 69.

And why would the weather forecast for Monday make any difference?

Sorry, I was away for a a few days, so I'm just catching up. Vacation was a lot more fun in the days before coming back to a million e-mails.

Let me be the first to congratulate the RedSox Nation.

Great Series. Not only are the guys a great team but a class act as well.

Congratulations to all.