Sign in to follow this  
jevd

Having Trouble Tracking Threads?

Is it me or is everyone haveing troouble tracking the threads. When I hit the options button I'm sent to the bottom of the page. Can't set up tracking.

<br />Is it me or is everyone haveing troouble tracking the threads. When I hit the options button I'm sent to the bottom of the page. Can't set up tracking.<br />

This seems to be a bug in the upgraded software... sigh... I will report it to the vendor and see if I can get it cleared up quickly!

My browser is reporting 11 javascript errors just in this reply page. :-(

Dave Baker

<br />Is it me or is everyone haveing troouble tracking the threads. When I hit the options button I'm sent to the bottom of the page. Can't set up tracking.<br />

This seems to be a bug in the upgraded software... sigh... I will report it to the vendor and see if I can get it cleared up quickly!

My browser is reporting 11 javascript errors just in this reply page. :-(

Dave Baker

Looks like its fixed now.

Thanks for being on top of things as always

:P

Looks like its fixed now.

Thanks for being on top of things as always

:P

Surely! I now more than I ever thought I needed to know about the difference between ASCII and binary mode transfers of javascript files using the SSH2 and SFTP file transfer protocol.

The problem also affected the ability to click on the "tabs" that appear after one clicks on his or her name (after "Logged in as:"); that's fixed, too.

The tabs issue remains on my machine. As does the My Assistant and My Friends link. That is, they don't work.

The tabs issue remains on my machine. As does the My Assistant and My Friends link. That is, they don't work.

Mike, would you try hitting the "refresh" or "reload" button for your browser, and then see if the links start to work?

If that doesn't work, could you empty your browser's "cached" files, and then see if the links start to work?

Mike, would you try hitting the "refresh" or "reload" button for your browser, and then see if the links start to work?

If that doesn't work, could you empty your browser's "cached" files, and then see if the links start to work?

Well, refresh and reload certainly don't do anything.

I use firefox and it is trying to execute: java script:buddy_pop();

When I switch the rendering engine to IE it works, so it is a compatibility with Firefox issue.

Firebug shows the error count incrementing when the My Assistant link is clicked, saying, of course, that buddy_pop() is not defined.

If all else fails, I'll delete my cache, but I'd really rather not.

On another issue, was it a deliberate choice to eliminate the profile information which displays along with a poster's name on the left of each post?

mike

If all else fails, I'll delete my cache, but I'd really rather not.

The reason for the deletion of the cache -- only the checkbox marked "cache" in your Tools->Clear Private Data dialogue box (on Firefox), not the cookies, saved passwords or any other kind of private data -- is that the corrupted javascript files that were causing trouble have very possibly been cached on your machine and need to replaced with the corrected ones (which would happen the next time you use the message boards, if the cache has been emptied).

On another issue, was it a deliberate choice to eliminate the profile information which displays along with a poster's name on the left of each post?

That was an optimization technique to reduce load on the database server; I should have checked with the community before deleting it. I've restored it. Thanks very much for asking.

Dave

Guest KennyH

Is there a way to set-up auto tracking in every thread I post in rather than having to slect each thread individually?

Is there a way to set-up auto tracking in every thread I post in rather than having to slect each thread individually?

Sure can! Thanks for asking.

Click on 'My Controls'

In left-hand nav bar, under 'Options', click on Email Settings

Scroll down and check the checkbox that's labeled 'Enable Email notification by default?'

Use the drop-down box next to the checkbox; set it to 'Immediate email notification'

Click the button that's just below that drop-down box, which is labeled 'Amend my email settings'

Voila!

I regret that the power (options, gee-gaws of various kinds) of this message board software arguably outweighs the cost in its complexity (which is compounded by a truly lousy help system and awful, uninformative and insulting error messages).

The next 'major' upgrade will fix the error messages, I have been told.

Thanks for participating!

Dave