Are you prepared for the coming 25-60% insurance premium increases?

Guest Ric Joyner

Guest Ric Joyner

Folks:

I am doing a series of articles on www.benefitblog.com that discusses what you can do to assist your clients in the upcoming premium increases similar to the 2001-02 plan year.

Check out benefitbog.com and feel free to subscribe. I am working with NAHU to put together a webinar regarding this topic. If you are interested in participating let Farren Ross know at fross@nahu.org

Ric Joyner, CEBS, GBA, CFCI

rj@eflexgroup.com

You come on this board to promote a competing forum?

The topic could be discussed here quite well, although the background of the responders would be considerably more varied.

Here we are attorneys, administrators, life insurance agents, actuaries and benefit consultants that specialize in employee benefit plans. So if you want our perspective rather than a bunch of health insurance agents this is the place to post.

Guest Ric Joyner

The topic could be discussed here quite well, although the background of the responders would be considerably more varied.

Here we are attorneys, administrators, life insurance agents, actuaries and benefit consultants that specialize in employee benefit plans. So if you want our perspective rather than a bunch of health insurance agents this is the place to post.

Veba Guru:

I have been on this forum for many years and I don't post often. Benefitslink is well known in the industry. My information in no way competes with benefitslink. I don't get paid for my posts in either venue.

If you want to read the information please read or attend my stuff if not then don't.

I am surprised that if you thought I was a new poster that you would attack like this. I just would have expected more....

Ric

Guest KennyH

Veba Guru:

I have been on this forum for many years and I don't post often. Benefitslink is well known in the industry. My information in no way competes with benefitslink. I don't get paid for my posts in either venue.

If you want to read the information please read or attend my stuff if not then don't.

I am surprised that if you thought I was a new poster that you would attack like this. I just would have expected more....

Ric

You first post under this username is to promote a different website. That is spamming. His post was more than appropriate.

Guest Ric Joyner

Veba Guru:

Ric

You first post under this username is to promote a different website. That is spamming. His post was more than appropriate.

Kenny,

Thanks for your concern but I must disagree. First, my blog is free to review and I don't get paid to do it. I send out many posts in various forums and have been a subscriber for many years. Some of the reasons I haven't posted for a couple of years are the reactions that both of you have seen fit to put forth. Regardless, promotion of my web site is for convenience to the users. The subscription part may be what is throwing you off but that is only for convenience for the user. If there wasn't a reaction to the post like this we could have a real debate on the how the stock market is causing insurance premiums to rise and the historical trend that proves this.

Care to comment on the stock market issue?

Guest KennyH
Kenny,

Thanks for your concern but I must disagree. First, my blog is free to review and I don't get paid to do it.

That is irrelevant
I send out many posts in various forums and have been a subscriber for many years.
You have a total of 5 posts. The first 3 were in this thread. If you don't understand netiquette and the definition of spam, that is not my fault.
Regardless, promotion of my web site is for convenience to the users. The subscription part may be what is throwing you off but that is only for convenience for the user.
Your first post on this message board was specifcally to invite people to view your website and "subscribe". That is the definition of SPAM.

Depending on the community it is typically tolerated from frequent posters because they have already provided something of value to the community. I'll admit to being new to this particular board, but this is a pretty general issue on all discussion boards.

If there wasn't a reaction to the post like this we could have a real debate on the how the stock market is causing insurance premiums to rise and the historical trend that proves this.

Care to comment on the stock market issue?

Once again, you did not attempt to start a conversation. You invited us to read your blog. If you were interested in starting a conversation you could have started a conversation rather than advertising your website.

I find myself agreeing with the comments that your posting was inappropriate. While you may not get paid from the other forum, it appears that the forum is part of your business. Your website does invite brokers to purchase your services. So it seems like you may be prospecting for business on this forum.

MEWAs do have to comply with state law, as well as ERISA unless all the constituent employers would be exempt from ERISA.

MEWAs are sometimes designed to target a very healthy grouping, and thereby have lower, pooled health costs. These types of MEWAs eventually 'wear out' as the targeted grouping grows older and sicker. But for a number of years, such a MEWA might yield some cost savings to its participants.

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

"J2D2:

Why form a MEWA?

They have such bad PR.

And, it would probably have to meet similar requirements to a commercial insurer.

Why bother?

Don Levit"

Guess my attempt at humor missed the mark. I was merely making an observation that, when Don starts posting, MEWAs seem to work their way into the mix.

While it could be indigestion, it most likely is caused by paranoia.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

I thought of some replies, but none were suitable for this Board. :lol:

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)