Sign in to follow this  
12AX7

Client and Task Tracking Software

I'd like to get an idea of what software others are using to track clients and administration tasks. Over the past 5 years of so, we've looked at the major pension software vendors and saw nothing that met our requirements.

In addition to tracking client contact information, we were looking for a system that can do the following as a minimum:

- Create or identify tasks associated with plan administration (e.g. ADP/ACP Testing, Data Requests, 5500 Due Dates, etc.)

- Assign plan administration tasks to individual employees of the TPA firm

- Track due dates for tasks assigned to each employee of the TPA firm

- Create management reports based on the above minimum criteria

Currently, we're using spreadsheets, but we have various issues with this method due to the number of plans we currently provide services for.

I appreciate any ideas or recommendations. We've already looked at offerings from Sungard, Datair and EBG.

We are looking at NexusTPA. It seems promising. I have also been told that LexisNexis Front Office by Time Matters is a good option and am looking into that as well.

Guest EricWings

Buying a piece of software that handles Work Flow Management can be a costly endeavor. Relius is planning on building a work flow management system tied to STP sometime in the next year that will handle what you described as your need.

We just went through a full due diligence trying to find a Document Management/Work Flow Management system and reviewed 5 vendors with costs from 10K - 120K upfront costs plus most had an annual cost. A few we looked at:

EBG - Didn't work accross all business lines

Ricoh Business Systems - LibertyNet software - MI office quote

Onbase - Wholesales product through someone in your local area.

Feith Systems - Out of Jersey, they have experience in the TPA shop.

SpringCM - Did not look very hard based off the fact they only offered a hosted product.

Whoever you select be careful with the quote on consulting hours in the proposal because it may not match the final Statement of Work. Your cost could significantly jump if they miss quote in the proposal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into NexusTPA for now as this seems closer to what we're looking for.

Guest YATPA
We are looking at NexusTPA. It seems promising. I have also been told that LexisNexis Front Office by Time Matters is a good option and am looking into that as well.

Medusa, I saw this post in connection with a search for a CRM/Workflow management system for our office. What did you end up going with, and are you satisfied with it?

Any input would be appreciated.

Guest jsample

YATPA,

I see that the original post is a little outdated but your reply is recent. My firm uses client database software called "Pension Pal" for Client & Plan management, task tracking (special projects and annual work flow), administrator assignments, case load management, management reports, revenue tracking, and many other things...

I know that there is a marketplace for advertising on BenefitsLink so I'm not quite sure of the boundaries in this fourm, but if you would like to know more, email me or call Kaezad Senta at 513-368-9103 and he can give you specific details on the software that would be better discussed in person if you have questions on Pension Pal's other features .

Hope things work out.

Guest Jean9

Guys, you can also try Basecamp which is a web-based project management software. You can create projects and tasks. Projects and tasks are loaded in a single dashboard. Tasks can be assigned to any member in the community. The calendar feature helps you to identify which projects or tasks will due on a certain date. You might also want to try these basecamp alternatives. You can compare its features to one another so you can evaluate which project management software you will be using base on your preferences.