New forums?

Guest Sieve

Guest Sieve

Dave (or anyone) -- I'm relatively new to the posting game (although I've used the site for years), & I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but I wondered if it might make some sense to have new forums on these topics (which seem to appear randomly throughout other forums):

• controlled groups, affiliated entities, ASGs, leased employees
  • prohibited transactions
  • fiduciary issues (perhaps in with a PT forum)
  • maybe put 409A together with the deferred compensation forum

Anyone have any thoughts? (And, no, I don't want to moderate them!! . . .)

Hi, Larry! I'm game; such changes would not be hard at my end. Sure appreciate your post.

I guess the goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to monitor messages about topics in which they're interested (and to ignore the rest), so one or more of your suggestions might fill that bill.

It's a tension between being simple and being precise; hard to have both, I guess.

The "trouble" is the way that a message often deals with more than one topic; ideally it would be possible to tag a message with its topic(s) and then have a sort of search engine that would display any messages under specified topics within a specified period of days. That one would be hard to implement, but I continually check for better message board software and might eventually find such a critter.

• prohibited transactions
  • fiduciary issues (perhaps in with a PT forum)
  • maybe put 409A together with the deferred compensation forum

A PT/fiduciary thread might not be bad. But I'd strongly vote against combining non-qual DC w/ qualified... the beasts are just too different and it would be inviting confusion to put them in the same cage.

Kurt Vonnegut: 'To be is to do'-Socrates 'To do is to be'-Jean-Paul Sartre 'Do be do be do'-Frank Sinatra