setting new posts sin last 24 hous

Is there a way to set which forums will show up for me when I ask to see new posts in the last 24 hours?

I don't think so; new messages posted in any of the forums will be included in the list of new posts.

You can monitor new messages in one or more particular forums via another method,though: it's called "subscriptions."

By subscribing to a forum, you get an email whenever a new topic is started.

To subscribe to a forum: log in, then go to that forum (click on the name of the forum on the list of forums on the home page, at http://benefitslink.com/boards). Look for the "Forum Options" drop-down menu towards the upper right part of the page (it sits on top of the box that lists all of the topics in the forum). Click it and choose "subscribe to this forum."

You'll get a screen that asks for your preference as to how you'd like to be advised of new topics started in the forum; "immediate email notification" is your best bet. Then click the Proceed button.

You can do this for any number of different forums.

Let me know how it works for you!

P.S. - It's not obvious how to "unsubscribe". Instead of being able to use the aforementioned drop-down box, you click on "My Controls," which is up there on the "Logged in as:" line at the top of just about any page you're viewing (if you've logged in). Then look for the "Subscriptions" heading over in the left-hand navigation bar; under it is "View Forums," which is what you click on. The resulting page lets you change notification options for any of your subscribed forums, or unsubscribe from a forum.

• 1 month later...