Sign in to follow this  
Guest D.N

Crash Course in ERISA?

Guest D.N

Hi all,

I apologize if this is not the appropriate location to ask this question. I am a soon to be graduate and will start work for an accounting firm next month. One of my directors will want me to work with him in comp and ben on a few assignments. My only experience with this kind of work is doing research for him on Section 83b elections, Black Scholes model, and some due dilligence work. I would not say I am proficient in those areas, but I am at least familiar with them in a relatively small capacity. My primary line of work will be in Tax(accounting). Would ERISA Basics and ERISA Facts 2008 from this page http://benefitslink.stores.yahoo.net/erisabasics2.html be a good place to get familiar with ERISA or does anyone have suggestions for other books that may be more comprehensive but not too overwhelming for a novice. Thanks in advance.

D.N

Guest D.N

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at this.

ASPPA's Retirement Plan Fundamentals course is a great place to start. It is a two book series designed for novices.

Guest Sieve

ERISA Facts does not deal with the tax aspects of pensions, but deals primarily with fiduciary issues. Tax Facts (also published annually by National Underwriter) addresses the tax aspects of retirment plans. CCH publishes the Master Employee Benefits Guide each year, and Aspen publishes a whole series of books on various pension issues.

Guest D.N
ERISA Facts does not deal with the tax aspects of pensions, but deals primarily with fiduciary issues. (also published annually by National Underwriter) addresses the tax aspects of retirment plans. CCH publishes the Master Employee Benefits Guide each year, and Aspen publishes a whole series of books on various pension issues.

Thanks Sieve for the info. My firm does use CCH as a resource, so that could come in handy.

Guest Sieve

My last post was garbled (Although some might say that all my posts are garbled . . . :blink: ). In any event, instead of ERISA Facts I would suggest Tax Facts.