VEBA Development

Guest VEBA Newbie

Guest VEBA Newbie

I am seeking help in the development of a VEBA. Based on this sites threads and other research it seems that most VEBAs are established for medical benefits. My desire for the VEBA is for the provision of life insurance, retirement, disability, and critical illness benefits. The employee base is federal employees.

I have talked to attorneys, the library, our department of state, any they have been little help. Can someone make a recommendation of anyone who can help in the development of the required IRS documents, structure of organization and such. I am nearly lost in this whole thing!

There are a number of attorneys who can assist you with this type of project. Expect to pay $5,000 + for a qualified attorney to draft documents for your group. Depending on where you are located, I can make a recommendation to you, or you can simply search on www.martindale.com. In Washington, DC, where most Federal employees are located, there are several firms with appropriate expertise. Email me through the board with the additional information.

I am curious as to not only why a "newbie" would be doing this, but also why ?

I also noticed that among the people that you have spoken to is "our department of state" ? What is that ?

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

• 1 month later...
I am seeking help in the development of a VEBA. Based on this sites threads and other research it seems that most VEBAs are established for medical benefits. My desire for the VEBA is for the provision of life insurance, retirement, disability, and critical illness benefits. The employee base is federal employees.

I have talked to attorneys, the library, our department of state, any they have been little help. Can someone make a recommendation of anyone who can help in the development of the required IRS documents, structure of organization and such. I am nearly lost in this whole thing!

Probably the best attorney I've dealt with on VEBAs is Russell Greenblatt. He wrote the Regs while he was at the Labor Dept. He's probably put in more plans than any other attorney in the country. Tell him his old buddy from Vinings sent you over. Here's his contact info:

Russell Greenblatt

Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP

russell.greenblatt@kattenlaw.com

(312) 902-5222

• 6 months later...
Guest Capstone Group
There are a number of attorneys who can assist you with this type of project. Expect to pay $5,000 + for a qualified attorney to draft documents for your group. Depending on where you are located, I can make a recommendation to you, or you can simply search on www.martindale.com. In Washington, DC, where most Federal employees are located, there are several firms with appropriate expertise. Email me through the board with the additional information.