Happy Square Root Day

I feel a bit like a square root everday, but today especially so. Now I know why.

BTW, is there a day we celebrate Pythagorem's theorem?

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

Coming soon. Pi Day. March 14.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Tom, you have quite the wardrobe!

BTW, was January 1, 2001 recognized and celebrated as a square root day?

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

Good point.

I'm not sure, but maybe it was:

the sqrt (3 divided by 3 divided by 9) = sqrt (0.11) = 0.33, as in the 3rd day of the 3rd month (to within rounding errors and with some imagination).

Sorry for the confusion. (Don't Panic.)

You all must enjoy the show, "The Big Bang Theory".

What blog is that on?

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Yes, Big Bang Theory is entertaining. (given a willing suspension of disbelief).

I believe that many frequent posters here are represented there.

And as long as I'm insulting people here, to J Simmons: PYTHAGOREM???

BG5150, You're being too literal! . . . this is a FUN thing, so just go with the flow. The square root of 9 is 3 y'know, so have fun even if the way we write the dates doesn't quite make it a "perfect" square root day. And for those of us who work with or are related to teachers, we see that for them it's a fun way to get the kids who aren't into numbers excited for once. One of my friends made a whole "square" dinner -- lasagna with each piece cut into a square, brownies (cut into squares), spinach casserole (again, cut into a square). (And for all the actuaries around HERE, it's a day where their obsession with numbers is okay LOL)

Who's going to put Mole Day down on their calendar to remind us when it comes around (October 23 -- commemorates Avogadro's Number (6.02 x 10^23), which is a basic measuring unit (a mole) in chemistry)?

Here in BoSox heaven, Mole Day is sometime in April when the snow finally melts, and you see that your lawn has been destroyed (yet again) by the little devils...

Personally, I prefer to refer to it as "Avocado's number" and celebrate the day by consuming avocado stuffed with crab or lobster salad.