ERPA Registration

Guest dbvail

Guest dbvail

Now that the pass list is out has anyone had success in using the www.pay.gov site to complete the Form 23-EP? I can't find the form on that site and really dislike the idea of mailng a paper form and check to our friens at the IRS. Thanks.

The ERPA exam website Q&A's say electronic application and payment won't be available until 2010. It's in the Applying for Enrollment section.

I guess they want us to support the post office. Now we get to wait another 60 days for them to process the applications.

• 3 weeks later...

From the erpaexam.org website

Beginning in 2010, electronic payments (such as credit card payments) will be accepted through www.pay.gov. Until then, Form 23-EP must be mailed with check payment).

The IRS’s Office of Professional Responsibility will process, review and act on your application for enrollment. It will generally take approximately 60 days for the IRS to process your application. Your status as an ERPA will not be effective until the IRS approves your request. You will not be authorized to practice before the IRS as an ERPA until your request has been approved. Call 1.313.234.1280 to check on the status of your request (please allow 60 days for processing before calling to check on the status of your application). Once approved, you will be granted Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent status, assigned an enrollment number and issued an enrollment card by the IRS.

They have an overnight address on the instruction page of the form 23-EP, i sent it overnight to speed it up little bit :rolleyes:

Anyway congrats to everyone that passed the exam!

On the 23-EP form where you have to enter your canidate id #, did everyone enter their PTIN on that line. Am i the only one who use the 6 digit number that AIRE assigned us? I just noticed on the ERPA website the question below:

2. Where do I provide my PTIN on Form 23-EP? [top]

You will be required to furnish your PTIN on the ERPA enrollment application, Form 23-EP. Enter your PTIN in line #4 on Form 23-EP where it asks for the candidate ID number assigned by AIRE (entering your candidate ID number instead of a PTIN will significantly delay the application process).

I really don't remember seeing this question when I applied. :angry:

GREAT!!

• 2 weeks later...