Form 990 AND Form 5500?

Guest Patricia22

Guest Patricia22

A trust holds assets used to provide medical benefits under a self-funded mredical reimbursement plan of the Company, a 501©(3) organization. Trust has a determination letter from IRS classifying it as a 501©(3) organization as well. The trust holds the investments and receives contributions from the Company. How do I determine if Trust must file Form 5500 as well? I'm looking at 5500 instructions, but need some help with this. Many thanks.

Guest Ira Hayes
A trust holds assets used to provide medical benefits under a self-funded mredical reimbursement plan of the Company, a 501©(3) organization. Trust has a determination letter from IRS classifying it as a 501©(3) organization as well. The trust holds the investments and receives contributions from the Company. How do I determine if Trust must file Form 5500 as well? I'm looking at 5500 instructions, but need some help with this. Many thanks.

Guest Ira Hayes

Page 4 of the instructions clearly states that funded MERPS must have Form 5500 prepared and filed timely. Don't forget that an audit opinion may have to be attached unless the participant count has always been 120 or less at the end of each plan year.