National Health Care Reform and impact of older workers

Have any of you seen any articles or recent studies showing the number of older working employees who will most likely leave their job (retire early) if the reform is passed? I have heard a lot of employees over the years saying that they are only working because they need insurance benefits and would leave their employer when they qualify for Medicare.

Thanks, I think it would be an interesting read....

Have any of you seen any articles or recent studies showing the number of older working employees who will most likely leave their job (retire early) if the reform is passed? I have heard a lot of employees over the years saying that they are only working because they need insurance benefits and would leave their employer when they qualify for Medicare.

Thanks, I think it would be an interesting read....

If you had been reading any articles in professional journals in the last year you would have discovered that older workers are not retiring because they cant afford to retire- they need the additional income because their defined benefit plans were terminated, they need to rebuild their portfolios whcih lost 30% or more of their value in last years blowout or because they need 100% of their SS benefits at 66 plus an additional 8% for each additional years delay instead of 75% at 62. By the way the Obama health care legislation will not take effect until 2013.

mjb