Bogus "Friend" Status!

Guest Laurel

Guest Laurel

Has anyone had the experience in the past few days of being added to the "friends" list of a board subscriber who definitely is NOT a friend? This came completely out of the blue and it bothers me that people may view my profile and think that I have any connection at all to this particular poster.

Apparently, you somehow can set your membership default settings to require you to approve friends. And, I think you may be able to remove friends. For starters, click on Help in the upper right-hand corner, and then Your Control Panel. Or send a PM to Dave to figure it out--but don't ask me, because I can't figure it out.

Guest Laurel
I don't even have any "friends." :(

It seems that you cannot unfriend someone once he or she has friended you, even if the "friendship" is involuntary and unwanted. Now I have something in common with my teenagers! :rolleyes:

I don't even have any "friends." :(

It seems that you cannot unfriend someone once he or she has friended you, even if the "friendship" is involuntary and unwanted. Now I have something in common with my teenagers! :rolleyes:

I recently had someone friend me against my wishes. I had set my preferences to ignore all of this person's posts, but it never occurred to me that I should also specify that no one could friend me without my prior approval! It seems unusual that someone I have never met, spoken to or corresponded with and whose posts I have not read for many months, would want me to be a "friend."

I found something that may help going forward. If you click on your user name next to "Logged in as:" on the upper left hand part of the page, it will open a "Viewing Profile" page. Click on the "Settings" tab. Scroll down to Moderation Options and one of the choices is to only add friends if you approve them. The default seems to be to allow friends without approval.

Incorrect.

(I think)

Why y'all hung up being friended? It doesn't affect his ability to view your profile. In fact, I don't see that it has any function at all relative to these Boards, does it?

He friended me also, but I don't care.