Quotes of Gratitude

WDIK

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Attributed to Buddha

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. - H. U. Westermayer:

(Please feel free to add your own.)

...but then again, What Do I Know?

In short, every day above the ground is a great day unless you are an onion.

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.

"Nothing's finer than being in your diner."

--- Jerry Seinfeld

(Jerry later became dissatisfied with his encouraging words and proceeded to pick a fight with the waitress. In my mind though, it didn't detract from the aforementioned encouraging statement.)

"What's in the big salad?"

"Big lettuce, big carrots, tomatoes like volleyballs."

I'm thankful for all of you out there who have given your thoughtful answers to my questions. I'm especially thankful for Dave for Benefits Link in general and wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

JEVD

Making the complex understandable.

I'm with jevd in my thanks to everyone out there, especially to those who correct my posts that are 'Incorrect.' :D

But HEY, it's only Tuesday. Is everyone heading out early? Well, whether you do or don't (or can't), I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible.

Baroness Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

In the end the great truth will have been learned, that the quest is greater than what is sought, the effort finer than the prize, or rather that the effort is the prize, the victiry cheap and hollow were it not for the rigor of the game.

Benjamin Cardozo