POP & HSA

Guest ConnieLawson

I usually see HSAs with contributions rather than "premiums", so I thinnk I need more info.

What will be deducted through the POP?

Is there an HDHP?

Is there an FSA?

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

I usually see HSAs with contributions rather than "premiums", so I thinnk I need more info.

Is there an HDHP?

Is there an FSA?

Hi, George,

I would assume that since making contributions to an HSA requires HDHP coverage, by "HSA premiums" what is perhaps meant are premiums for the HDHP coverage. If that is what is meant by term, then I would agree with leevena's answer.

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

Is there an HDHP?

Is there an FSA?

The original question was "can you have a POP with a HSA?" The answer is of course, yes. As for your three questions.

1. What will be deducted through the POP?--Duh, the premium, that is why it's called a "Premium Only" plan.

2. Is there an HDHP?-Duh, it's a HSA plan. Can't have a HSA without a HDHP.

3. Is there an FSA?--Not the question.

As you should be able to see from the responses by other posters, it is not entirely clear to some, that we understand the OP, nor that the OP is differentiating between an HSA and the medical insurance coverage. So rather than assume, I ask further questions. It seems more sensible to let the OP clarify than to jump to conclusions.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)