Medical Cost for shock claims

Guest Staceyl74

Large claims especially those not expected. They "shock" the actuarial assumptions.

Do a Google search using "medical "shock claims"".

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

• 3 weeks later...

Stacey

I misunderstood your post..

If you need shock claiims info/data, you need to ask your claims administtrator/insurer. It usually is easily produced by the Underwriting Dept sinnce they use it to determine premiums etc..

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)

• 2 months later...
Guest arendedric
Stacey

I misunderstood your post..

If you need shock claiims info/data, you need to ask your claims administtrator/insurer. It usually is easily produced by the Underwriting Dept since they use it to determine premiums etc..

Even your first post holds some logic about the "Shock Claims". I would term that to be a very good definition to make someone understand better. If you think about it logically you will surely understand to whom the word shock refers to in most cases.

• 1 year later...
I need help in finding our what shock claims are when you are talking medical cost? Can anyone help?

Can you be more specific about your request or the reason for the question? For example, are you asking for a generic definition, such as G Burns provided or something more specific? Insured plans will have pooling points and self-funded plans have attachment points, which each play a role in shock claims.