Anyone having probs w/ this site & new Firefox? (3.6)

I just DL'd the new Firefox.

When creating a post, my cursor is not showing. Plus, if I reply with a quote, it only allows me to type infront of the quote /quote box; I cannot edit the quote in any way (ie, delete unwnated portions). Nor can I even place the cursor back into what I typed in my own message to change anything.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it not compatible with this version of IP Board?

BTW, IE works fine.

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

BG5150,

I too use FF 3.6--since yesterday anyway--and am not having the problems you note. I don't know why there would be a difference unless it might be in your Options under the Tools pull-down menu.

John Simmons

johnsimmonslaw@gmail.com

Note to Readers: For you, I'm a stranger posting on a bulletin board. Posts here should not be given the same weight as personalized advice from a professional who knows or can learn all the facts of your situation.

I looked in Options and nothing stood out as relevant. I even checked Scroll Lock and Insert. Sometimes those can bring havoc.

And it's only this board. Others that run vBulletin and others work as usual.

I thought it was one of the new themes I DL'd, but nope. I'm using the default.

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What is the new version for Firefox currently?

And how do i update my current version?

Mine has always checked automatically and asked if I wanted to update. I think you can go to Help, Check for updates.

Ed Snyder

• 2 weeks later...

This answered my problem EXACTLY! Thanks David!

If you are frustrated with the way the message board software automatically puts you into an "HTML" mode when you are posting a message, which seems to me to cause difficulty when trying to edit the text of the post before submitting it, you can click on the top right button that has two arrows chasing their tails (in the screen that appears when you click a button to post a new topic or to post a reply in an existing topic). That button puts you into a plain text mode.

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA