Relius says eligible - but they're not

Version 14 SP Whatever is most recent.

How do I tell Relius, "now listen to me! This person is NOT ELIGIBLE" in a way that Relius will understand? I have been trying and trying and trying and nothing will work. Plan has annual comp periods only. This person worked 1,000 in the plan year but NOT in their first 12 months.

Austin Powers, CPA, QPA, ERPA

Was the person loaded into relius with eligibility run in the prior plan year? If not that is a problem.

If loaded this year but hired last year you should have them coded as 'ineligible-service' and not 'blank'.

Relius lives in its perfect little world, and if you don't do it right, it makes 'perfect' assumptions.

also, how do you have "Compute past years service"

I strongly recomend it be set to 'not computed' after the first year.

the only time you probably want the system to calculate past years is the first year on the system. once someone has a value greater than 0, it will no longer calculate on that person. but if it finds someone with 0 - well, unless some other flag is tripped it will calculate past years on the person and figure they should have had 1 in the prior year.

Was the person loaded into relius with eligibility run in the prior plan year? If not that is a problem.

Person was in Relius last year, coded as ineligible

also, how do you have "Compute past years service"

I have not computed entered.

If just the hours is a problem, you can override the YTD hours on the Computed Compensation tab

The hours are fine, so I don't want to mess with that...

I even tried switchignt he Service creditted this year switch to Yes, so the "Service" years of service (which seems to drive eligiblity more than eligbility years for some reaosn) was still at zero!

This is so annoying...

Apparently if both of these speciic things are true:

1) If only annual payrolls and

2) Dual entry dates selected

Relius assumes that the person worked 1,000 hours int heir first 12 months if they worked 1,000 hours in the plan year.

Solution: Switch from Anniversary/Plan Year to Plan Year in Plan Entry Requirements in Plan Specs.

Based on information obtained from Rleius.