PPACA & Sidecar

Guest RTMoore

Guest RTMoore

Ditto. I also know a number of other individuals are looking for a fully integrated copy of PPACA. I started doing it myself, but it would take much more time than I have available right now.

Guest JWB19

Does anyone know if someone or some entity has consolidated PPACA and the Sidecar into one, readable law? It would be nice to have the changes made by the "manager's amendment" to PPACA and the house reconcilation bill (sidecar) incorporated into one document.

Guest JWB19
Ditto. I also know a number of other individuals are looking for a fully integrated copy of PPACA. I started doing it myself, but it would take much more time than I have available right now.

CCH did it! http://www.cch.com/press/news/2010/20100414eh.asp

It's $149 + shipping. It also includes a summary.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that half the work in digesting this bill is actually figuring out what any given provision says, taking into account the manager's amendment and the sidecar. This will make life so much easier!

Guest RTMoore

Thanks for the post JWB19. Unfortunately, it looks like it's just an aggregation of summaries and PPACA with the reconciliation bill separate, not integrated. I've emailed CCH to confirm whether it's actually a integration or just re-prints of what's already available (for free). If anyone has purchased this summary, is it any better than what's out on the internet right now?

Also, be really careful about summaries. I've seen numerous summaries (many written by law firms) that seem to be summaries of other summaries, and they confuse some critical terms such as "minimum essential coverage," "essential health benefits," or "group health plan." Right now it's important to stick with the text of the bill to fully understand it's implications to your particular situation.

Guest JWB19
Thanks for the post JWB19. Unfortunately, it looks like it's just an aggregation of summaries and PPACA with the reconciliation bill separate, not integrated. I've emailed CCH to confirm whether it's actually a integration or just re-prints of what's already available (for free). If anyone has purchased this summary, is it any better than what's out on the internet right now?

Also, be really careful about summaries. I've seen numerous summaries (many written by law firms) that seem to be summaries of other summaries, and they confuse some critical terms such as "minimum essential coverage," "essential health benefits," or "group health plan." Right now it's important to stick with the text of the bill to fully understand it's implications to your particular situation.

I have the CCH consolidation electronically. It is exactly what we are looking for. And you're right about summaries, they are often inaccurate or incomplete.

Guest RTMoore

Just to close the loop: I ordered and received the CCH books.

Yes, it does indeed include a fully integrated version of PPACA (with amendments) and it includes some standard summary (much of what you can get online elsewhere for free). There are errors in some of the references, but it's probably a good value for $150.

The negatives: the books are small, the text is very small, and the pages thin, so making margin notes and highlighting is difficult. I had to use colored pencils instead of a highlighter so it doesn't completed soak through to the other side. An electronic (and search-able) version would be much more valuable, but unless you have a subscription to CCH services, you can't purchase the electronic version.

Many thanks to JWB19 for his or her post.

RTMoore

Guest Mel Kiper Jr.
Just to close the loop: I ordered and received the CCH books.

Yes, it does indeed include a fully integrated version of PPACA (with amendments) and it includes some standard summary (much of what you can get online elsewhere for free). There are errors in some of the references, but it's probably a good value for $150.

The negatives: the books are small, the text is very small, and the pages thin, so making margin notes and highlighting is difficult. I had to use colored pencils instead of a highlighter so it doesn't completed soak through to the other side. An electronic (and search-able) version would be much more valuable, but unless you have a subscription to CCH services, you can't purchase the electronic version.

Many thanks to JWB19 for his or her post.

RTMoore

Gov't did it today - available on Benefitslink.com newsletter