Fee analysis

More then 10 years ago our firm had a consultant come in who did some research and gave us a report on how our fee schedule compared to others in our local area. The consultant specialized in Pension TPA business. This was useful not only in seeing how other firms structured their fee schedules (flat fee vs a la carte) but to see if we were consistently under or over the market. The firm that did the analysis for us no longer seems to be in business.

Is anyone aware of any other company that provides such a service?

Thank you.

Maybe we could all list our fee schedules, so that we can bring our fees into alignment with each other. Of course that would be collusion and price fixing, and illegal. Perhaps your consultant is now in the clink.

I don't see it as any different then a manufacturer reviewing how other products of their kind are being sold prior to rolling out something new and deciding on the price. It's a point a reference. Not exactly the same as me calling all the TPA's in the area to have a meeting on what our prices should be. There's a fairly large difference. (And given how varied are the personalities in this business -- I don't think the meeting would ever work!!!).