Relius Administration 15 works under MS Windows 7

YankeeFan

We have not been able to get a satisfactory answer from Relius as to whether Relius Administration 15.0 works under the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. Any input would be helpful.

Is anyone currently running Relius Administration 15 standalone version on a computer with MS Windows 7 as its operating system?

I believe it requires the use of a special run setting. The website indicates it will be fully supported at Version 16.0.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to get the special run setting to work.

Do you happen to know when we can expect Version 16.0 to be released? We are currently running Version 14. We would like to go to Version 15 but cannot do so without updating our hardware. When we purchase new computers for the office, it makes sense to get MS Windows 7 on the new machines...but then we may not be able to run Relius Administration and very well may be forced to downgrade the operating system to Windows XP.

Version 16.0 is expected to be mid-September. I would place a call to the Relius Technology group and they can assist you with the decision to upgrade / new computers / operating system / etc.

Guest Stephen DeSanto

The SunGard Relius software products are not supported natively running under Windows 7 or in compatibility mode due to software and third party changes required. The only supported method for operating under Windows 7 is using Windows 7 – XP Mode or a similar virtual environment on the desktop running Windows XP 32bit.

We will be supporting Windows 7 natively in the near future. For a complete list of operating systems support by Relius products, please review the updated document on our Web site at http://www.relius.net/login called “Relius Supported Operating Systems”.

Relius Administration version 16.0 later this year will support Windows 7 natively on the desktop.

If you have additional questions or I can be of other help, please feel free to contact me.

Stephen J. DeSanto, Director of Relius Technology

800.326.7235, ext. 5901

stephen.desanto@sungard.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jolson

We use RA ASP and purchased all new workstations (Windows 7) in March. The only real obstacle that we've had to deal with is that the file transfer program (ASP File Transfer which is used with our STP jobs) does not work on Windows 7. To get around the problem, we kept a couple of our old XP workstations and have the file transfer program running on one of those.

The WtsFtp program works fine, though, and we've had few other problems with the new operating system.

Hope this helps!