Goverment New Long Term Care Program

Does anyone have a link with information about this new program and how employers can collect and submit premiums to the goverment for employees that will be enrolling in this program? I didn't have much luck on Google.

Guest Benefits Broker CO

I don't believe that any specific information has been provided on this yet as to how this plan will actually work, at least not anything I've seen to date.

Guest Benefits Broker CO

The presenter for one of the webinars I attended recently on the enacted Health Care Reform said that the 3 most common words in the 2,000+ bill are "the Secretary shall". So much of the law is incredibly vague on how it will work. It's my understanding that most of it will come from HHS, although I suspect the IRS and DOL will probably be involved as well.

• 3 months later...
Guest empowerltci

A lot remains to be seen as based on the track history with the health care portion it will be made up as time moves along. We've been keeping our eye on it and put together a CLASS Act guide for brokers and employers.

I'll post the link but here is the disclaimer up front. To access the guide requires you submit basic info. Also the guide is watermarked. We do offer a version that we can add a brokers logo to the guide (it doesn't involve dollars to get). If you would like that simply note in the comments that you'd like to have the branded version.

Here is the link for those interested: http://www.empowerltci.com/2010-class-act-...or-brokers.html. We also discuss the CLASS Act on our blog as well.

**I'll personally be the one to call you to discuss

Doug Ross

dross@empowerltci.com

President EM-Power Services, Inc.