MORTALITY TABLE?

I'm looking at a 1989 Multiemployer DB document. It says that actuarial equivalency is based on "1951 GAT projected to 1964"

Can anyone translate what that might be or if such a thing existed and if so where it might be locatable?

You can download an Excel add-in from the SOA's website. It will list all of the tables as well as projection scales. It was common to use the 51 table with projection (of mortality improvements) to 1960, 65, etc. The file also contains the projection tables. This sounds like such a table.

http://www.soa.org/professional-interests/...le-manager.aspx

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.

Thanks.

I assumed since nobody in my office had heard of a 1951 GAT table that "GAT" was a typo and should be "GAM" and that appears to be the case from the list of tables on the SOA site. I'll further verify but that looks right. Thanks again.

GAT is correct.

The original paper presenting both the Group Annuity Table for 1951 (standard abbreviation is "Ga-1951 Table") and projection scale C is here:

www.soa.org/library/research/transactions-of-society-of-actuaries/1949-59/1952/january/tsa52v4n918.pdf

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

GAM = Group Annuity Table for Males

No. GAM = Group Annuity Mortality.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.