Help with EFAST2 filing

Andy the Actuary

Help no longer needed. If you need help and the facts are the same, please feel free to send me a personal message and I'll do my best to walk you through this mess.

Facts:

-- File 2009 5500-SF for Defined Benefit Plan. I will be submitting in behalf of client.

-- Have applied for signing ID

-- Am using Relius IFILE xml export

-- Have passed Relius validation

-- xml successfully inported into efast without error but shows "in progress"

Ouch:

-- I have looked at xml file and even though client signed copy of first two pages of 5500-SF was added in Relius, file does not appear in xml.

-- When I get to efast website, I don't see in drop-down menu where to add attachments.

-- I spoke with the DOL who referred me to 130 page manual which I was unable to search for answers.

Plea for Help:

Would sincerely appreciate it if someone who has successfully filed a DB 5500-SF via IFILE would send me a personal message with a telephone number. Would appreciate being walked through process.

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.

Facts:

-- File 2009 5500-SF for Defined Benefit Plan. I will be submitting in behalf of client.

-- Have applied for signing ID

-- Am using Relius IFILE xml export

-- Have passed Relius validation

-- xml successfully inported into efast without error but shows "in progress"

Ouch:

-- I have looked at xml file and even though client signed copy of first two pages of 5500-SF was added in Relius, file does not appear in xml.

-- When I get to efast website, I don't see in drop-down menu where to add attachments.

-- I spoke with the DOL who referred me to 130 page manual which I was unable to search for answers.

Plea for Help:

Would sincerely appreciate it if someone who has successfully filed a DB 5500-SF via IFILE would send me a personal message with a telephone number. Would appreciate being walked through process.

Andy,

I haven't done a true DB, but we've done several cash balance plans. We haven't had any trouble with the XML so I can't help you with that part. As to the other, make sure you also have filing author credential otherwise you wouldn't have the ability to do anything other than sign. The "add attachments" button should be above and to the left on the screen when you go in to review. It might not appear if the credential isn't accurate.

Hope that helps some.

William C. Presson, ERPA, QPA, QKA
bill.presson@gmail.com
C 205.994.4070