Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sredni Vashtar

Jobs

Guest Sredni Vashtar

I’m a QPA and hope to have my CPC at the end of this year (I’ve passed all the other exams first try, so hopefully will do the same for the CPC…knock on wood). I have a stable job for a stable firm. We haven’t had a lot of trouble during the recession. We’ve lost some clients, but we’ve also gained some. We haven’t grown much, but we haven’t shrunk either. We still have our 401k match and we got raises and bonuses this year (and expect to next year as well).

I am planning to move next year, probably to Seattle (although Philly and Boston are also possibilities). I’m a bit nervous that I will be facing the dreaded job market in 6 months or so. :o

I’m wondering, - just as a general question for anyone, anywhere - how does the TPA job market seem to be in your area? Does it seem to be fairing better or worse than the overall job market in your area?

The last time I was job hunting, I only sent out one resume and was hired by that company. I doubt it’s going to be that simple this time around.

:rolleyes:

You are right to assume it will be more difficult this time.

The last time I changed jobs (4 1/2 years ago) I got an interview nearly every place I sent a resume. The only offers I got were places where I was personally acquainted with someone already working there. That will be tricky when you're relocating.

i don't know the markets for Boston or Seattle, but in the Philadelphia area, there are quite a few options. whether there are openings is another story....

I have said to my family that if I got laid off at my job here, I would move back home (braving the snow again) as there are more opportunities there. (sorry, I am from Philadelphia).