Sign in to follow this  
Guest dhp

VEBA Trust dissolved--use of assets

Guest dhp

H&W VEBA Trust amended in 2008 to segregate funds into two accounts--one for retiree, one for active. Understand that funds cannot be comingled, but what if the self-funded Plan is terminated. Could all of the funds be used to pay benefits for either group?

We have often noted that the advice you receive on this site is worth every penny you pay for it.

This question is more complicated than I would care to answer on this board. The difficulty is not in saying "yes" or "no" (actually the answer is a qualified "yes"), but in going into the myriad issues raised by the question, preparing, explaining and defending the analysis. And then you would only have the opinion of a stranger who may or may not know what he is talking about.

Your best bet is to engage an attorney who specializes in employee benefits and not only ask your question, but ask that he analyze the entire situation and make recommendations how to keep out of trouble.

Guest dhp
We have often noted that the advice you receive on this site is worth every penny you pay for it.

This question is more complicated than I would care to answer on this board. The difficulty is not in saying "yes" or "no" (actually the answer is a qualified "yes"), but in going into the myriad issues raised by the question, preparing, explaining and defending the analysis. And then you would only have the opinion of a stranger who may or may not know what he is talking about.

Your best bet is to engage an attorney who specializes in employee benefits and not only ask your question, but ask that he analyze the entire situation and make recommendations how to keep out of trouble.

Thanks, I understand exactly what your are saying about free advice and appreciate the qualified "yes." We would not go further down this road without legal advice.