PPA Restatement

:lol: Excellent question. I'm not sure the IRS has given additional guidance but the "best" answer I found was from Sungard

http://www.sungard.com/sitecore/content/ca...statements.aspx

Though admittadly I can't find an exact date for that web posting thoush it appears to have been late 2007 or 2008 and all similar reference I found were also 2007 or 2008 which indicated "PPA restatements are likely years away" well some how the years have flown.

6. The next restatement will be for the Pension Protection Act of 2006. The IRS has not set a time period yet. However, following the 5-year and 6-year cycles, the defined contribution restatement should begin in 2011 for pre-approved plans and 2012 for individually designed plans.

7. Defined benefit pre-approved plans are on a different six year cycle. They were submitted January 31, 2008, and are in the early stages of the six year cycle. However, individually designed defined benefit plans (such as cash balance plans) are on the SAME five year cycle as defined contribution plans.

If I wasn't such a cynic I'd say the IRS will have fromal guidance out before Cyle E is complete - hopefully.