the return of the Christmas songs

It's been 3 years, i see there are now 130 songs to identify by the picture, and the song list is now 260 songs.

good grief, I have a list of answers for the first 79 but never have done more than that.

though if you really want, you could try your hane at them and send your guesses...er answers to the guy at

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/christmaspuzzlelongpuzzle.htm and he will send you the full answer list.

then you can really spoil everyone's day by posting the answers here before others have had a chance to even tackle the problem. bah humbug.

for the rest of us, have fun.

the Grinch is used to being 'hated'. makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. or is that on the outside. I forget.

what I like best about it is the fact the puzzle was downloaded 55 times, but the list of songs only 40 times, so there are some people who must really be good at this.

Years ago I obtained the answer sheet when there were only 80 puzzles, I've got some other guesses so will submit sometime and obtain the full answer sheet for those who are really interested. As the individual who puts this together said, in some cases there may be 'alternative' answers - its mainly suppose to be 'fun', but he must think torture is fun.

I know from the last time I simply don't understand a few of them, some I think are rather clever.

...what I like best about it is the fact the puzzle was downloaded 55 times, but the list of songs only 40 times...

Our copy machine is being serviced and I needed extra copies of the puzzle, so I downloaded it multiple times. :blink:

what I like best about it is the fact the puzzle was downloaded 55 times, but the list of songs only 40 times, so there are some people who must really be good at this.

or we remember how much we pulled out hair out in prior years and being older and savvier we now simply plan to wait for you to figure them out and post the answers for us. :) I mean seriously, have you looked at #102? And I'm not sure #122 is legal in all 50 states!

Kurt Vonnegut: 'To be is to do'-Socrates 'To do is to be'-Jean-Paul Sartre 'Do be do be do'-Frank Sinatra

ok, 1 hint since I wouldn't have known

For the Beach Boys song, see Melekalikimaka.

"Mele Kalikimaka" is a Hawaiian-themed Christmas song that takes its title from the Hawaiian phrase, "Mele Kalikimaka," meaning "Merry Christmas

I managed to solve all but 11 or so, and then a couple I think have alternate answers.

Tom - I just had to smile and chuckle when you mentioned "Mele Kalikimaka" :lol:

My Grandmother MacDuff had a Hawiian Xmas album & when we were very young and my sister and I used to put the record on the Grandma's old record player and

dance around the room to that song. I've always known how to say "Merry Christmas" in Hawiian because of that!

What a happy/funny memory...thanks!!

What do you mean 'songs?'

I got about 1/3 of the way through doing movie titles. Now, I've gotta start all over again. :blink:

That Tom Poje keeps switching things up, puzzles, costumes, ...

Probably not correct, but I thought #102 was "Oh, I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas" by Yogi Yorgeson. (Is that even on the list?)

I suppose in this day and age if I held up a round black vinal object with a small hole in the center most of the youth today wouldn't even know the object is called a record. For 122 I imagine there's a group of people who don't know what the moonshine making devices are...

I reviewed the list of answers- turns out one of the songs

Babes in Toyland wasn't even on the list!

I numbered the song list (including Babes in Toyland) and then created an excel puzzle sheet in which you type in the number of the song and it checks to see if you are correct.

That means you could type in a number 1 to 260 in a square and eventually find the answer.

well, if I did everything correctly.

managed to get the song list to print to 2 pages only.

wish I had thought about putting things in this format initially.