Don't Understand It

In reflection, I concluded that Lone Ranger and Tonto had to have had a lot of down time. So, the question is why didn't TLR spend some of that time learnin' Tonto better grammar?

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.

Maybe Tonto should have spent some time learnin' TLR to speak Tonto's native language.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

As a nonsequitor aside, the name of the actor who portrayed Tonto, while billed as Jay Silverheels, was actually Harold J. Smith -- and you can look it up!

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spock
As a nonsequitor aside, the name of the actor who portrayed Tonto, while billed as Jay Silverheels, was actually Harold J. Smith -- and you can look it up!

Well, since I don't do ADP testing anymore I had time to look this up. Sure enough, Jay Silverheels birth name was Harold J. Smith. You're a real fan if you remember (not look up) the name of Tonto's horse.

Scout I think I remember.

Good try. However, Scout was the offspring of the stallion Mendel and mare Hadassah. Scout's given name was Menachin. Surprisingly, the name didn't play well except in the shtetl so producers changed named to Scout (derived from Menachin having once horsed around on Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts). And you can look this up provided you can find somewhere to look it up.

Smith = Silverheels. Well, Kirk Douglas's birth name was Issur Danielovitch.

And Aaron Chwatt was who? (Ho, Ho. Ho, Ho. Hee, Hee. Hee Hee. Ha, Ha. Ha, Ha)

With respect to my favorite comic strip of all time.

Wow! Even in those thrilling days of yesteryear, employers treated their employees like, ahhhhhhhhhhh, horses's assess.