Flood Control

Does anyone else besides me run afoul of "flood control"? Perhaps I just type faster than average (since my mother made me take typing lessons so I'd "have something to fall back on") but as I navigate through the forums I routinely get the dreaded red message box, making me sit there and count to 15 before I click again.

I understand why flood control is a good thing, just wondering if it bothers other people and if it can be changed to a different amount of time.

Does anyone else besides me run afoul of "flood control"? Perhaps I just type faster than average (since my mother made me take typing lessons so I'd "have something to fall back on") but as I navigate through the forums I routinely get the dreaded red message box, making me sit there and count to 15 before I click again.

I understand why flood control is a good thing, just wondering if it bothers other people and if it can be changed to a different amount of time.

I have the same problem when I do searches and want to change my search terms.

On the (not frequent) occasions when I get the flood control message, I count to 3, maybe 4, and try again. It's usually enough. If it isn't, I wait the 15. You're right that it's usually for searches.

I'll bet that if all these other people weren't using the boards so much, I wouldn't get flooded. :D

On the (not frequent) occasions when I get the flood control message, I count to 3, maybe 4, and try again. It's usually enough. If it isn't, I wait the 15. You're right that it's usually for searches.

I'll bet that if all these other people weren't using the boards so much, I wouldn't get flooded. :D

You count to four? How can you stand to wait that long?