Sign in to follow this  
Guest davey4250

Anyone succesfully make the jump from Broker/consultant to in house benefits job?

Guest davey4250

I have been working for a group benefits brokerage for about seven years now, and I am thinking of applying for some in house jobs as a Director of Benefits.

My experience at the brokerage house includes all aspects of rfp, selection, design, implementation and communication of all types of employee benefits and wellness programs. However, I have never done the HRIS stuff, although I am a quick learner.

I have my CEBS and interview well but am curious if anyone has made the jump, if they have some advice as to how I should portray my experience. Also, if any inhouse people who have hired for fairly senior benefits jobs, do you have any advice for me to make the jump. I really don't want to start at the bottom of the benefits chain in house.

Thanks

Never transitioned, but you should be in good shape if you have the CEBS. You may, ultimately, need to pursue your PHR with the Society of Human Resource Management. At any rate, don't focus on what you don't have, focus on what you do have; and that's a strong foundation to build on. Many items can be learned within a week, but good judgement takes years to build (and you have that already). Just stop selling yourself short.

Good Luck!