Long Term Care Insurance

Guest charlesperry

Guest charlesperry

Where can I get Long Term Life Insurance? Please suggest me some good and reputed companies so that I can get easily in an affordable rate.

Guest matthew222

If you're looking for an individual policy, it would probably behoove you to find a good local agent/broker to help you through the process since he or she will have access to multiple insurance carriers and, most importantly, help you through the underwriting process. If you're a company that has less than 300 lives, I'm not sure of many options out there these days since UNUM just pulled out of the market.

Uhhh, your title says "long term care insurance", but your post says "long term life insurance".

LTC does not equal LI.

The response above to get a good local agent is accurate, no matter which type of insurance you are seeking.

Don't hesitate to interview 3 or more agents before making a selection.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DeniseM1

The title of this thread says Long Term Care, but your question says Long Term Life.
Do you mean something like a 30 year term policy, or whole life insurance for its permanent death benefit? Look before buying because prices vary greatly from one company to another, and even from one agent to another. Look up free life insurance quotes in both types on large aggregator websites; they are great places to help you get started.

Denise Mancini

• 2 years later...
Guest merkramirez

I agree. Long term care insurance is very different from life insurance. The former is more on custodial care (insurance) when you can't perform daily task anymore that easily. Life insurance however, is, well, life insurance. I don't know if I'm you're referring it to this, but have you checked about hybrid long-term care insurance? (SOURCE: www.acsia.com/traditional-long-term-care-insurance-vs-hybrid-policies.php) Basically, what it does is it allows insurance holders to avail two different insurance policies, the life and long-term care insurance, by paying for the price of one. You should definitely check on that since the question post is a little confusing.