History Maintenance - delete all records for 100's of employees

TPAnnie

I uploaded fake dates of birth, hire and termination for a takeover plan. I didn't realize I couldn't just upload over the top of the dates, but rather I need to go into history maintenance and delete all records for each person. Because there are so many, it's taking forever. Is there any way to globally delete all date history for the plan?

thanks!

Sorry about your problem. Would it be better to delete the whole plan and start over?

I considered that, but I'm worried about "ghosts" hanging around. I have entered quite a few transactions, but if I were sure that deleting the plan would work, wouldn't mind reentering the transactions. But, I've seen too many weird things with census that I'm worried I'd delete the plan, only to find that the employees still have their history when I enter the new plan. Thank you though!!

Employees are kept by EMPLOYER in Relius. YOu have to delete the employer to get rid of them.

Do you know if I delete the employer, then create a new employer, then import the employees again, this time with good dates of birth, hire and termination, will the "good" data be there, or does it bring back in the old data each employee used to have?

thanks!

If you don't want to delete the employer, I'm sure there is an SQL script you can run to get them out of there.

Send a ticket to Relius; they'll help you out.

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

In case someone ever searches on this, here's what relius suggested to do:

In Census DER Setup, open this routine and highlight the date fields and click on Format (right hand side) and select Overwrite existing dates with input. If you don't have the Format button go to Options and select Delimited format. Then you should be able to import the new dates in census.

Note, I needed this done after help hours, so I did it manually. I don't know if the above works or not, but if so, it's got to be much simpler than how I did it!

thanks all!