Sign in to follow this  
chuTzPA

Focus Group for new entrepreneurial TPA's

This is just a rough idea.

Are there other tpa’s that have gone out on their own in the past couple years, are up and running, and that are interested in setting up some kind of confidential group to exchange ideas on how to increase business and run an efficient practice? Ideally this would be just a handful of participants, strictly from different locations so we don’t compete, and still new to running a business. I’d be interested in sharing experiences, initiatives, and learning from each other so that we can all succeed. This would not be an anonymous group and I am fully open to ideas on what this could or should be. While I believe there are oldtimers who have quite a lot to offer, or who are looking to turn around their business in a changing economy, I am specifically interested in recent newcomers. I will disclose upfront that, one year into this, I am currently at a place professionally where I have more to learn than to offer in terms of growing business. Feel free to send me a message directly if interested, along with your location.

(This has been cross posted to Small Businesses (issues unique to) since there was recent discussion about tpa practices.

TPAlien, I am interested. Even though I am an old-timer, I have not been in the position to need to increase business until the past few years. I am just now learning how to market my business, and want to become more efficient.

Since TPAs do not give themselves the business, it seems to me, that you should instead focus on the sources of the business.

Who decides to place business with the TPA?

Who decides to keep the business with the TPA?