Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corrections Questions

Accounting Software used in your firm

Guest Corrections Questions

We currently have several different programs that are essential to our business that are also frustrating me greatly.

1) Time Keeping/Client Accounting where we keep track of client engagements, staff time, and invoicing. We bill on a quarterly basis for our estimated fees for the year, and then do a true-up after the annual reports and 5500 are completed. This software is also used as a workflow manager/due date tracker.

2) Accounting software for our client's retirement accounts.

3) Our business financial software that we use to prepare our monthly and quarterly reports and track our expenses and revenues (through imports in the time keeping/client accounting software)

What do you use as your "practice management" software? Do any of you have an all in one solution you recommend? Even if it's just quickbooks enterprise edition, I'd like to know that I'm not running down the wrong path when looking for a solution.

We have so many different systems and barely any of them talk to each other. We use a custom designed client management system, a document management system (with workflow), QuickBooks for accounting, Minute7 for time management and a plethora of actual 401k software (Relius, FTW, Blaze, etc) depending on the type of Plan and our services.

I did look into Renee Conner's new service, www.pensionpro.com, and was VERY impressed. As I have so much invested in all this other software, it wasn't cost feasible for me at this time. But the system looks good. I think it will be a valuable resource to many TPAs.