Scenes We'd Like To See

We need Congress of yesteryear where some cigar chomping Southern Republican strolls into the IRS Commissioner's office, fingers his goatee, looks out the Pentagon window at the Cherry Trees, and then says to the Commish [Douglas Shulman],

"Shulie, that's a damn nice view you got here. You'd don't really want to go tinkerin' with that old reg? We was just thinkin' of usin' part of the Highway money to name a new stretch of I-80 after the Commish, which we thought would be you."

We need Congress of yesteryear where some cigar chomping Southern Republican strolls into the IRS Commissioner's office, fingers his goatee, looks out the Pentagon window at the Cherry Trees, and then says to the Commish [Douglas Shulman],

"Shulie, that's a damn nice view you got here. You'd don't really want to go tinkerin' with that old reg? We was just thinkin' of usin' part of the Highway money to name a new stretch of I-80 after the Commish, which we thought would be you."

How about we just need a "congress" - a definition of which I found to mean: "the act of coming together; an encounter; meeting" and "a formal meeting or assembly of representatives for the discussion, arrangement, or promotion of some matter of common interest" (emphasis added).

How about we just need a "congress" - a definition of which I found to mean: "the act of coming together; an encounter; meeting" and "a formal meeting or assembly of representatives for the discussion, arrangement, or promotion of some matter of common interest" (emphasis added).

I wonder how Will Rogers would have parodied your definition?

Will Rogers: "This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer."

Mark Twain: "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." And, "I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."

Sort of shows that Congress has not been well-liked for decades, don't you think?