Sign in to follow this  
lippy

Where'd the direct link to today's topics go? [SUPERSEDED]

Still not working for me - when I go to the home page and roll my cursor over the "Discussion" link, the drop down menu no longer contains a link for "latest messages" or whatever it was.

Yes but view new posts is only available if you're logged in. Due to various reasons (general security, internet browser settings, etc), some people do not remain logged in.

And view new posts is different from past 24 hours. If you haven't logged in for a week, view new posts will show you the whole week of posts. But the software sometimes decides you've read everything (as can happen if you leave the forum open while doing something else) making it harder to get back to an earlier-in-the-day post.

In just the time I've been messing w/ this thread, the software has decided that I've already read at least one post that I haven't (which I only know by scanning down the last post info on the forum index page).

Thanks guys for the replies. You're both right - there are other ways to get there. The "view new posts" way requires you to be logged in (I normally am not). There's also a way to get there by going to the forums main page and then clicking a link at the bottom right to view recent posts. Neither is that big of a deal, just not the way I usually come in. :(

View New Posts

This is not working for me today. Anyone else?

It stopped working for me several days ago; I thought it was after this thread started but it's probably related. I used to never bother logging out, although I would leave the page, and I didn't have to log in when I came back but it would recognize me and recognize the new posts.

I'm going to try formally logging out and logging back in and see if that works.

It's working for me know. As it so happened, I reset my browser, so maybe it was something in the cookie(s).

This seems broken again.

When I click View New Posts sometimes I get an error.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

Logging out and back in doesn't help. But closing the browser and re-opening gets the list back.

Any ideas.

This seems broken again.

When I click View New Posts sometimes I get an error.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

Logging out and back in doesn't help. But closing the browser and re-opening gets the list back.

Any ideas.

I'm having the same problem. It actually WON'T let me log out, and closing reopening the browser has no impact at all. This seems intermittant (some days it works, some days it doesn't) and I'm going through "message borad withdrawal!!!!"

Mine is intermittent also. Curiously it is only a problem on my home computer -- not at work. That hints that it could be a browser issue.

I'm having the same problem. It actually WON'T let me log out, and closing reopening the browser has no impact at all. This seems intermittant (some days it works, some days it doesn't) and I'm going through "message board withdrawal!!!!"

Still having problems myself. I use Firefox 15.01.1; anyone else?

I also have the same problem regardless of computer or location. It is intermittent. You can do a "go 'round" by using the "View New Posts" feature in the upper right beside "My Controls".

I also have the same problem regardless of computer or location. It is intermittent. You can do a "go 'round" by using the "View New Posts" feature in the upper right beside "My Controls".

That's what I use: View New Posts and it keeps crapping out on me.

Using Firefox 16.01. Says it's up to date.

I was working for a week. Now it's broke (for me) again.

Same here. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason - thought that by logging out and closing the browser, it made a difference, but apparently not.

It works again--ONCE--when I close my browser. I don't reset it or anything, just close, reopen.

Don't know if it is related, but I'm getting this message at the bottom of the page:

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

(edit: clicking here doesn't do anything.)

BG's cape still flaps in the wind, and I can read all the comments just fine, but the font is different.

Dave will get this fixed.

hmmm. are you implying he had beans for lunch?

"BG's cape still flaps in the wind"

all kidding aside, I also have problems looking at the

Retirement Plan Newsletter

currently it shows 10/31

I can go under the archive and get letters through 11/5 and then if I hit refresh 11/6 will show up.

It works again--ONCE--when I close my browser. I don't reset it or anything, just close, reopen.

Worked for me today too. Closed the browser this morning.

Also noticed the different font.

The direct link works for me. Other than the initial period it disappeared, it's worked for me using IE 9.

I get the IPS error at times, too.

I also noticed the views counts don't seem to be working lately. There a number of threads with several replies that show 0 views.