"Advanced" plan consulting (seminars / training resources?)

401QUE

After several years in TPA and Bundled plan administration, working year over year doing the same testing, and other recurring responsibilities, etc., I'm now looking to elevate my knowledge in the areas of 401k Plan Design and Consulting, particularly in areas of Controlled Groups, Plan Documents, Conversions (protected benefits), Prohibited Transactions, ERISA, and or NonQualified Plans - I know it's a real 'grab bag.'

Can anyone make recommendations of any upcoming seminars, training resources, webinars, materials, etc. that cover the above areas, or what you might deem to be a "higher-level" area of retirement plan expertise? Can anyone identify areas that will be critical to be knowledgeable about in the near-term (e.g. fee disclosures, or??). Thanks in advance!

At this link, http://benefitslink.com/index.html, look at "Events"

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Do you have any ASPPA designations? They have a track that will lead you to a Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) credential.

Go to their website of give them a call and I'm sure they'll send you their catalog.

I am just about to embark on the last phase of obtaining the CPC by doing the advanced modules that cover some of the things you mentioned. You don't have to be in the credentialing program to use the modules either, so, if you don't want to go the credential route, you could just do them and be done with it.

[disclaimer] I don't know how much experience you have, not do I know what depth of training you want. Lastly, I haven't gone through any of the modules yet, so I don't know the breadth or depth of them either. That said, my recommendation above is nod an advocation of the material, just a suggestion on a potential path for you. [/disclaimer]

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Thanks, that's a great idea! I passed the first exam towards the QPA long ago, before they even came up with the QKA designation. It's been so long, the credit of the first exam doesn't even count anymore. I am currently an RPA, working towards a CEBS designation. After that I might consider QKA. Again, thanks!