Women's Health & Cancer Rights Act of 1998 - annual notice

With recent mastectomy news (Angelina Jolie), I have been asked about mastectomy benefits and have come to learn there is a law requiring annual notice of such reconstructive benefits. I for one have been covered by these benefits for years by multiple employers but have never seen such a notice. Are these notices being done? Are they being combined with other types of annual notices? Who seems to be taking responsibility for guiding employers about this requirement?

With recent mastectomy news (Angelina Jolie), I have been asked about mastectomy benefits and have come to learn there is a law requiring annual notice of such reconstructive benefits. I for one have been covered by these benefits for years by multiple employers but have never seen such a notice. Are these notices being done? Are they being combined with other types of annual notices? Who seems to be taking responsibility for guiding employers about this requirement?

If your plan covers mastectomy then it must provide notices when you enroll and then yearly. However, church and govt plans are not subject to this law. The requirement is on the carrier side (health plan or issuer).