Medical and Prescription Drug as separate plans

Does anyone offer a design so that employees can choose between several medical and prescription drug plans?

Example - we would offer one HMO, one PPO and one HDHP and 3 prescription drug plans (A, B, C) with variable copays/coinsurance. The employee could choose the HMO and drug plan A or the HMO and drug plan B.

Does anyone offer a design so that employees can choose between several medical and prescription drug plans?

Example - we would offer one HMO, one PPO and one HDHP and 3 prescription drug plans (A, B, C) with variable copays/coinsurance. The employee could choose the HMO and drug plan A or the HMO and drug plan B.

Don't know if I understand what you are asking for, so please bear with me. It sounds like you want to offer three types of medical plans and you are asking for advice on how to design the rx benefits under each, is that correct?

If so, it is difficult to for someone to answer you without knowing much more about the risk and what you are trying to accomplish. Just slapping a benefit design into a medical plan without knowing will not do much for you.

You gave a design. I do not understand what you are looking for.

George D. Burns

Cost Reduction Strategies

Burns and Associates, Inc

www.costreductionstrategies.com(under construction)

www.employeebenefitsstrategies.com(under construction)