Jump to content

Who can sponsor a SIMPLE?


Recommended Posts

Company A sponsors a SIMPLE-IRA.

Company A owns 51% of Company B. Owner A (no ownership in Company A) owns the rest of Company B (49%). Company B is an LLC.

Company B participates in Company A's SIMPLE

Owner A does not receive a W-2 from Company A or Company B, but does receive LLC payments that is declared as income.

Can Owner A participate in the SIMPLE-IRA without W-2 income?

If Owner A cannot participate in the SIMPLE and since no controlled group exists, can Company B start a separate plan (maybe a SIMPLE, maybe a 401(k)) that the owner can participate in?

If so, does Owner A have to wait until the current plan year ends (2013) before starting a new plan?

Thanks for any replies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...