Virtual Office Solution - Opinions on Best Phone Systems

Have established my own firm but now that there are staff in other states I need a good virtual phone system and other communication programs. Can anyone save me some time and give me some advise on this. We would like a virtual receptionist and the client ability to then dial by extension or dial to any of our desks. Also looking for virtual conference software.

Any hints would be great. Of course need this yesterday.

Thank You.

Depends on how "geeky" you are/want to be. I use 3CX (www.3cx.com) as a virtual PBX in house, with a VOIP service provider. They offer a fully functional "free version" (limiting the number of line to 8, I think). You can have remote "extensions," and a virtual receptionist, voicemail, etc. I even have it set to "simulring" my desk phone, cell phone, and even "skype" if I'm travelling. You can "set it up yourself" or pay to have it done. The more complex the setup, the more valuable a consultant/reseller would be.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using this system/service for faxes, be very careful. We have a fairly good system, but the internet fex is horrible. Faxes are difficult to do, and average wait to recieve the fax is 2 hours. Just horrible.

Having braved the blizzard, I take a moment to contemplate the meaning of life. Should I really be riding in such cold? Why are my goggles covered with a thin layer of ice? Will this effect coverage testing?

QPA, QKA