Anyone taking CPC test in November?

• 1 month later...

I know you did well. Not just saying that.

I took it when every answer had to be written; there were no clear answers. The issue was how you reasoned as opposed to getting the correct answer. Sometimes your reasoning may leave out a key component, but everything is sound for the components you considered; you get credit for that.

When you think about it, this is what makes consultants effective. We can derive different answers to the same question. After engaging in a discussion, we can determine what we disagree on and why. I, personally, learn more through this process than simply reading what someone else thinks. This approach solidifies my knowledge so I can articulate my position going forward. Sometimes I would say 'I used to think this until I was proven wrong' when explaining my position.

Will Rogers once stated that "man gets smarter in two ways; reading and associating the smarter people."

That works for me :)

CPC, QPA, QKA, TGPC, ERPA

Had an investment manager tell me the following story

Back in the 1960s he was up for possible draft to Vietnam. so he went to the bar to watch the 'lottery' birthdates scroll across the television screen.

sure enough, there was his birthdate, and a draft number something like 8. so he figured, oh well and got good and drunk.

next evening he looked at the newspaper just to confirm the bad news, oops, it was the old televisions with curved screens and he was off one day as the days and numbers scrolled by, his birthdate was something like 340, so wasn't going to get drafted.

so he went back to the bar and got good and drunk again to celebrate.

granted, I guess, that event must have been 40 years ago or so (last draft was held in 1973?), probably most folks here didn't have the Vietnam War to worry about, much less even remember the old black and white TVs, so maybe it is hard to picture exactly what took place. I would have been 18 in 1975, so never had to live through the lottery.

Tom,

since you did put a ? after your 1973....

"On July 2, 1980, President Carter issued Presidential Proclamation 4771 and re-instated the requirement that young men register with the Selective Service. At that time it was required that all males born on or after January 1, 1960 register with the Selective Service System."

I only knew this because I graduated in 1980 and many of my friends and older siblings friends were required to register. I also won a bet with an older friend on this very subject because she was adamant that the last draft had been many years prior.

Well, hang on a second. I missed by 2 weeks, to my great delight at the time (DOB 12/16/59) but that is just REGISTERING with the Selective Service. Not at all the same thing as an actual draft. So your friend who said the last draft was many years prior was in fact correct, IMHO. Of course, I don't know the terms of the bet, nor how many "drafts" had been consumed at the time the winners and losers were determined... :D

probably most folks here didn't have the Vietnam War to worry about, much less even remember the old black and white TVs,

... and to some, those are the "good old days," when the term "draft beer" had more than one meaning.

for the historical records:

The lottery in 1969 for induction in 1970 covered birth years of 1944 through 1950.

The lotteries in 1970 and 1971, for those born in 1951 and 1952, respectively, were for inductions in 1971 and 1972.

The lotteries in 1972 through 1975 were used to call for physical exams, but not for inductions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_lottery_(1969)

edit: to add link

• 5 weeks later...

Well, all CPC modules done and passed (though the Tax Exemt & Govn't Plans on was touch-and-go for a bit there).

Now just waiting for the CPC Test results--hopefully by the end of the month....

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my CPC exam at the same time as you (in 2010) and got my letter in the mail around the 6th or 7th of January (of 2011). They told me I'd receive it much later in the month so don't be surprised if you get the ASPPA letter a little early :)

"Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts." William Hazlitt

CPC, QPA, QKA, ERPA, APA

• 1 month later...

I just received my results today and I also PASSED! That was a very long eleven weeks exactly of waiting to find out the results.

Now I'll get to add a few more letters after my name that nobody I work with understands :D

Nor appreciates :unsure:

I know the feeling, but wouldn't change it for the world :)

Congratulations on getting this done.

CPC, QPA, QKA, TGPC, ERPA