Jump to content

Premium Reimbursement


Recommended Posts

For several years now, a man has unknowingly been paying his ex-wife's insurance with pre-tax withholdings through the cafeteria plan. He caught this and wants a refund.

We are processing the refund, but we need to know how to report it. Can we treat it as compensation paid this year, or do we have to go back to the year we withheld the amount and treat it as compensation paid that year (this would require us to go back and amend several years of W-2s, employer reporting, etc.)?

If you have any support for your conclusion, that would be great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...