They go by a calendar year, correct? My renewal is next year and I have enough credits for my 3 year cycle, but if the new cycle technically starts on 1/1/16, then I will sign up for the APC that SunGard is going to have here in Orlando in February.

I last renewed in 2013 and am drawing a blank on this....

My ERPA card shows it’s a calendar year renewal but I’ve always been told it is from 7/1-6/30. A chart was given out a few years ago showing the 6/30 year end. The ERPA rep on the phone I spoke to a few years ago was very adamant it runs from 7/1-6/30; said she didn’t know why the IRS is not putting it in the Circular 230. If anyone has this in writing somewhere, it would be helpful.

My renewal says the Annual CE Cycle is January through December.

I think the confusion is that the application stuff is due June 30...and the issue date is 10/1...at least on mine. So here is the info from my latest renewal; make of it what you will:

applied online 4/1 (something tells me April 1 is the earliest you can apply to renew)

my renewal letter was dated 5/20/15, and the card itself says the issue date is 10/1/15 with an expiration date of 9/30/15.