CEBS On-line Study Group

Guest Belinda

Guest Belinda

Is anyone interested in starting an informal virtual study group for the CEBS courses? I began taking the classes last year and would be interested in finding others on-line who are going for the CEBS designation.

------------------

Belinda Fulco

Guest kelliea

I am actively pursuing the CEBS designation and would be very interested in establishing an informal study group. I have just completed my second examination and will be signing up for my third within the next few weeks.

------------------

Guest Belinda

I am currently taking the class for CEBS Course II at George Washington University. Are you self-studying or are you taking classes also? How difficult was the test for the second course compared to the first one you took?

------------------

Belinda Fulco

Hi Belinda,

I'm scheduled to teach Course 2 for UConn at its Stamford extension campus. We start in March. Most of my fall Course 1 class - 10 participants in all--said they planned to enroll for Course 2. They were a great group - very participative.

Would you mind my relaying your email address to my class members? They've all found that connecting with other participants makes for more effective study.

Guest Belinda

There are 10 courses/tests to be passed to achieve the CEBS designation. They are as follows:

Course I--Employee Benefits: Concepts and Health Care Benefits

Course II--Employee Benefits: Design, Administration and Other Welfare Benefits

Course III--Retirement Plans: Basic Features and Defined Contribution Approaches

Course IV--Retirement Plans: Defined Benefit Approaches and Plan Administration

Course V--Contemporary Legal Environment of Employee Benefit Plans

Course VI--Financial Concepts and Practices

Course VII--Asset Management

Course VIII--Human Resources and Compensation Management

Course IX--Employee Benefit Plans and the Economy

Course X--Contemporary Benefit Issues and Practices

If there is enough interest in this, I think it would be great to have a message board for each class!

------------------

Belinda Fulco